Bama.co.uk - British Aerosol Manufacturers' AssociationAdd to Favourites
Established in 1961, the British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association (BAMA) represents the aerosol industry, from suppliers of components and ingredients to fillers and marketers of aerosol products. BAMA membership counts about 90 companies, ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations.
BAMA aims to:
Promote the aerosol format and encourage continuos innovation.
Set high standards in safety, good manufacturing practice and on environmental issues.
Present the industry's view to legislators, the media and key opinion formers.
Our main areas of activity are:
- Information: Providing an information service on all matters that affect the UK aerosol industry.
- Industry Voice: Co-ordinating and conveying the requirements and views of our industry to the UK Government, The European Commission and European Parliament.
- Industry Policy: Concentrating resources through committees on key issues and formulating industry policy.
- Industry Forum: Running regular seminars for members on topics of relevance to the industry.
- Industry Promotion: Dealing with public affairs, media relations and education to help promote the use and understanding of aerosols.
- Legislation: Informing members of legislative developments and providing detailed explanations on how these will affect the industry.
- Standards: Contributing to the development of British, European and international standards and publishing codes of practice and guides on safety.
- Worldwide: Linking with other aerosol associations around the world, within Europe and beyond.
- Other Industries: Liaising closely with other trade bodies on areas of common interest.